The Piezo ignitor is a manual "push button" ignition. There is less to go wrong with Piezo ignitor as there are no electrics. Fridges with Piezo ignitor's are cheaper than there Electronic ignition equivalents.
Electronic Ignition (Useful when using gas)
The Electronic ignition system is connected to a 12 volt supply. This is easier to light than the Piezo ignition system. If the gas pilot light goes out you will hear a clicking noise which means the electronic ignition is trying to re-light the pilot light. Once the pilot light has lit the clicking noise will stop.
2 advantages with this system
- If the pilot light goes out, it will automatically relight.
- If the gas runs out, you will hear a clicking noise as it attempts to try to re alight.
Igniting a Dometic gas fridge
- Check the Pilot light is alight
- The flame can be controlled by aperture ©
Should no ignition occur, repeat the ignition process after 1 minute
(This could take longer than 10 seconds if the unit has been out of operation for a prolonged period or after replacing the gas cylinder. (Cause: air in the lines)
- Once sufficient refrigeration has been obtained in the cooling tank at the MAX position, the control knob should be turned to the MIN position by low outside temperatures or when the refrigerator is only lightly loaded respectively the ambient temperature is below +18c in order to avoid over freezing the contents